Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nothing But Sampler Pack

A box was delivered to my mailbox today and I had no idea what it was. The box was pretty big for a sample but not big enough to be a care package or surprise from a friend. I opened the box and there was the Nothing But Sampler Pack inside. I was sooooo excited! Firstly, the videos on Sofn'free's facebook page was a bit suspect. Yet, looking at the packing of the products, I forgave the presentation of videos. No wonder the videos were very low key! They were trying to give off a very organic, honest and authentic feel to the products being advertised. Right down to the green coloring of the packaging. In the package, Sofn'free sent 1 sample packet each of the Nothing But Curl Sealer, Nothing But Pure Pudding, Nothing But Cleansing Conditioner, Nothing But Clarifying Shampoo and Nothing But Intense Healing Mask. Also included is a $1.00 off coupon that lasts until the end of this year and and an informative flyer. The box that the samples were sent in has a Velcro closure, pictures of different hair types and pictures of full sized products. Nice!






The Nothing But products are named as such because the products contain no "petrolatum, mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, colorants [or] phthalates". Phthalates are a group of industrial chemicals that are used to create plastics such as PVC. They are used in nail polish to prevent cracking and hair sprays to form a film over the hair to prevent stiffness. They are claimed to cause permanent damage to the male reproductive system and endocrine system. I have never heard of this type of chemical before. I'm not a chemist so you can do the research. Sorry :( There is also Dimethicone in a least one of the products that I quickly glanced at. The silicone's in that particular product is not water soluble.

In any event, as you all know by now I'm not a naturalista. Mineral Oil or not, I'm not very particular about ingredients. Still, I was excited to try this product and see the results. I do have relaxed hair but I liked the simplicity that the products offered. This line to me seems to me to promote less is more which is something that I like. Lengthy washing, conditioning and styling regimens are not in my overall plan. I just don't have time. Also, I'm in the process of doing 3 month stretches in between relaxers so these product is appealing for taming my mane.

The package comes with detailed instructions and recommendations for usage. The flyer which I have taped to my wall contains recommended regimens, detailed descriptions of each product and ways to combine the products for styling. For everyday usage a maximum of three products is recommended. You can choose to use all three or not. Once a week, only the Cleanser Conditioner is recommended but one can also opt to use their Pure Pudding and Curl Sealer. The Clarifying Shampoo is only recommended for once per month. The flyer also reminds us that everyone's hair and 'road' is different. Their website contains further help through an ask box http://www.nothingbuthaircare.com/pages/ask-will.  The flyer also clarifies different hair types in detail. The flyer and products alone make me even more excited about the products. One product that I am looking forward to is the Cleansing Conditioner. This seems to be a great start up kit for transitioning, learning about hair journey's or seasoned users.










Again, the packaging of the Sampler Pack is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to try out the products and hopefully I will love them so much that I will buy full sized products. Right now I'm up to my ears in shampoo and conditioners so that will have to wait until later in the year.

Check out their website: http://www.nothingbuthaircare.com/. The page seems to have sales and other interesting offers on a regular basis. The website is easy to use and attractive. Nope, I was not paid by the company to endorse this product. The promotion of the samples alone just hooked me onto it and I wanted to find out the reactions of my readers.

Have you guys tried any of these products? Would you recommend them? Did any of you request samples? Tell me what you think below.

No comments:

Post a Comment