Thursday, April 25, 2013

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B Cream


Here's the deal. I'm not a make-up user. Once, I decided to wear makeup for graduation pictures. After the photos were taken, I walked into the cafeteria and was told that my face didn't need makeup. I looked quite fine before. I remember that I had to walk to the photographers, it was a really hot summer day and I started to sweat with the makeup on. I then tried to wipe my face and had a line marking the difference between the makeup and my hairline. Good thing I look powder foundation with me. That day I had on primer, liquid foundation, powder foundation, blush, mascara, eyeliner and whatever else my makeup artist decided to put on me. She did a good job. The photographer described me as looking like a China Doll. To this day I'm still not sure if that was a compliment or not. Maybe my readers can clear that up for me. I never feel the need to wear makeup with school or at work because I'm always outside. It's usually very hot where I live so I even try to avoid wearing makeup even at special occasions. Eye shadow and lipstick usually does the trick. Still, over the past few years I've gotten a lot of blemishes.

When I was sent the B.B Cream by Buzzagent. I first had to look up what a B.B Cream was. These have been on the market for awhile and so many girls are talking about using it. I've heard a lot about them but was never interested in trying it out. Liquid foundation is not a close friend of mine so I didn't have any plans of deepening our relationship. For those girls like me who don't wear makeup, I'll give you the T on what is B.B Cream. The B.B in B.B cream means either blemish balm, beauty balm or blemish base. It is apparently a very big thing in East and Southeast Asia. B.B creams are supposed to be an all-in one product that replaces moisturizers, serums, primer, foundation and sunblock.  You can put on the B.B Cream alone or you can put some type of foundation over it. (Source)

I have combination skin. My skin color can be seen below (I may replace the pictures in the future with better lighting. It's really hard to see how different my skin actually looks with the B.B Cream on.But you can see how smooth my hand looks in the second picture). I'm still deciding on whether or not I should put my face up on the blog. I chose the B.B Cream for combination to oily skin in deep. This can be used as a sunscreen. It has SPF 20. Interestingly, on the back of the product, the purpose is described as sunscreen. This product is able to control oil and shine, minimize pores, cover imperfections and protects against the harmful effects of the sun.
Without Garnier's B.B Cream

With Garnier's B.B Cream
                                                        
 
Garnier's B.B Cream

The container is 2 fluid ounces. To me, a non-makeup user, that's pretty big. A little goes a very long way with this product. I put a pea size amount on the back of my hand to begin with and rubbed it on my face with my fingers. You can use a brush or sponge. I wanted to be economical and used a sponge afterwards. I'm sure that this product is going to last quite a while cause I don't have to use so much.

Wow! When I put on the product I was impressed. It matched my skin tone so there was no need to apply foundation. This B.B Cream made my skin look fantastic. I went for a walk and my face did not have a glossy shine afterwards. I will have to try this product out again in warmer weather and give you all an update. Garnier notes that the product is:

  • Dermatologist tested for safety
  • Won't clog pores
  • Won't cause breakouts
  • Gently to skin
  • Oil-free, non-greasy
Based on testing, after one use:
  • 93% saw a more even skintone
  • 88% had a natural shine-free finish
  • 84% found pores less visible
  • 76% saw fewer imperfections
(Source)
This product actually makes me want to wear makeup. As with all makeup products, I would advise you to buy a good cleanser. Some of my friends have been guilty of going to sleep with makeup on because they are tired.  Taking good care of your skin is so important. Especially for reducing the occurrence of acne, to have healthy skin and to build up your skin's resistance to aging. I definitely don't want fine lines and wrinkles earlier than expected.

Tip: be very careful when extracting the product. Don't be tempted to squeeze the container. Unfortunately  it's not a Capri Sun.  

This is my honest opinion. I was not paid to give this review. 

So what do you guys think about B.B Creams? Have any of you tried Garnier's B.B Cream. What are your thoughts on the product? Don't be afraid to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment