Thursday, April 25, 2013

Green Giant Veggie Snack Chips





Buzzagent sent me the Green Giant Veggie Chips campaign. Honesty, I wasn't really sure about what to expect. I've never tasted veggie chips before. I had tasted Sun Chips before and liked how they were  multigrain chips.Eating a bag of chips without the guilt of the high sodium content was nice. Still, it took me a while to get used to the taste of multigrain chips as opposed to my regular potato chips. My mom actually introduced me to the chips because she was concerned about my late night snacking. That's a whole different story though.

So when I heard about the Green Giant campaign, I was pretty excited to be tasting these new chips absolutely free! I was sent one big bag of the Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips in the Zesty Cheddar flavor, a big bag of the Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips with Sea Salt, smaller bags for my friends and family to check out and coupons. 


So I'll start with the Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips with Sea Salt. These chips are sweet tasting. They really do remind me of Sun Chips if you've tried them. It took me a while to get used to the sweet taste. Part of me was wishing that there was more salt on the chips.That's probably because my sodium intake has been ridiculous these past few months. In addition, I'm not used to chips tasting so sweet. The chips really do taste like vegetables. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy. Potatoes are veggies so the other chips taste like veggies. No, these chips taste like a mix of broccoli,  green peas, corn even though these ingredients are not in the product. These chips are made with sweet potatoes and are 40% lower in fat than regular potato chips. I think that these chips are best eaten with salsa. I liked the taste much more with salsa. I've never eaten sweet potatoes before, so maybe it was the new experience of tasting sweet potatoes. These chips were okay but not a favorite.

My favorite chip on the other hand was the Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips in Zesty Cheddar flavor. These taste sooo sooo good! They taste like Doritos with 1g less fat, 0.5g less of saturated fat and 20g less sodium. The product is also naturally flavored compared to other chips that are artificially flavored. Of course these chips are multigrained. I had to remind myself not to eat the whole bag in one go. That's how good they tasted. I'm definitely going to buy these instead of other chips. 

So what I decided to do was let you decided. I've posed links to the nutritional information below for various chips:
One thing that also caught my surprise was the packaging. The 1 ounce chips seemed to use less packaging than other brands. Basically, I didn't get half a bag of air with these chips like other chips. I'm not sure if this was Green Giant's intention to be 'green' but I was pleased with it. Also, none of my chips were crushed. I have to give kudos to Buzzagent and Green Giant for sending the chips in beautiful green boxes and shipping them so carefully that none of chips were crushed. 

The descriptions of products from their website is listed below:
  • Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips with Zesty Cheddar are crispy tortilla chips made with real vegetables like carrot, broccoli, and tomato, plus 17g of whole grain
  • Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips with Sea Salt are made with real sweet potatoes and 14g of whole grain, with 40% less fat than regular potato chips*
*Green Giant™ Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips (6g per 28g serving) have 40 percent less fat than regular potato chips (10g per 28g serving).

I got these products absolutely free as a Buzzagent. Please leave a comment below. Don't be afraid to ask questions! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment