Friday, September 13, 2013

Chocolate Crumb Bars Recipe

I used to buy chocolate crumb bars and then decided to myself some money and share the goodness with others by making them at home. The recipe that I used came directly off the Toll House website. The recipe can be found here: http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/30257/Chocolate-Crumb-Bars/detail.aspx .

This recipe was okay but it was not as soft as the bakery's chocolate crumb bars that I used to go to. The site recommends that the crust should be baked until brown and that the total recipe should then be baked again for 25-30 minutes. I left it in the oven for 30 minutes and I think that this was too long. Next time I'm not going to leave the crust in the oven until it's brown. When I think that it's done and not browned then I will spread the hot mixture over the crust and only leave the finished recipe in the oven for 20 minutes.

What do you all think about my crumb bars pictured below? Do any of you have any great recipe's for chocolate crumb bars?

Thanks for reading. Don't be afraid to leave a comment below.



No comments:

Post a Comment