Thursday, April 25, 2013

Organix South- The Power of Neem

I won Organix South's Trivia Thursday last week. The winner was announced on Monday of this week. Today is Thursday and I've already received my prize. This in my opinion is how a company grows and I'm sure that this is a testament to their customer service.

I was sent samples of TheraNeem Organix's Moisture Therape Shampoo, Moisture Therape Conditioner, TheraNeem Leaf & Oil Lotion for All Skin Types, Neem Mouthwash, Neem Toothpaste, Neem Therapy Cleansing Bar for facial complexion, Aller Support and Respiratory Support. Neem: A hands-on guide to one of the world's most versatile herbs and Organix South's Catalog. I've been eyeing their TheraNeem Scalp Therape Shampoo for a while now. I wanted to sample the shampoo before buying a full bottle. The shampoo retails on their website for $15.49 I wanted to make sure that the product was worth the investment. I've been having issues  with my scalp and hair growth for the past few months now and I wanted to use a product that would restore the heath of my scalp.










The first thing that caught my eye on one of the products was that they are cruelty free. None of the products are tested on animals. All of the products excluding the lotion have a slightly minty smell. In this post I will give a description of each product and then make additional posts on each products if any of the readers would like me to.

TheraVeda Organix's Respiratory Support has Holy Basil, Neem and other super-critical whole herb extracts (turmeric and long pepper). This product is supposed to be used in conjunction with the Aller Support. According to the website, the goal of the product is to " provide nutritive support for respiratory and sinus health, while maintaining normal mucus levels. Breathe deeply and freely with this Respiratory Support formula" (Source). Because I received a sample, I'm thinking about opening the capsules and adding them to my conditioner. I wrote a post a while back on Aveda's Invati collection. Turmeric was one of the major ingredients.



TheraVeda Organix's Aller Support has turmeric, neem, coriander and black pepper. The website describes the use of the product as being " intended to provide nutritive support during times of seasonal or environmental imbalance" (Source).

TheraNeem Organix's Facial Complexion Bar is "antioxidants, Neem protects, nourishes and moisturizes even the most sensitive skin. With 10% certified organic Neem oil, this bar is ideal for a clean, refreshed and vibrant complexion and great for the whole body". The soap is paraben free, gluten free and sulfate free. You can check out the ingredients here. I think you'd be surprised and how many natural ingredients are in the soap (all if it except the sodium hydroxide used to make the soap). This soap has actually won a beauty award. I think that's pretty neat!

The Neem Toothpaste is fluoride free, paraben free, sulfate free, gluten free and has no artificial colors or flavors. It is also suitable for diabetics and children. The toothpaste has a strong minty flavor and is used to promote healthy gums and teeth. You can read more about the product here.



The Neem Mouthwash also has a very minty smell. Your supposed to use it twice a day and hold it in your mouth for 1-2 minutes for maximum benefit. This product is also suitable for diabetics and children. You can read more about the product here.

The TheraNeem Leaf & Oil Lotion for all skin types smells sorta like soap. Over 80% of the product consists of Organic Neem Leaf, Neem oil & Aloe Vera. This lotion is certified organic.


Jergens Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin contains: Water, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl esters, ceteareth-20, glyceryl dilaurate, cetyl alcohol, mineral oil, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, dimethicone, fragrance, stearic acid, dmdm hydantoin, methylparaben, propylparaben, carbomer, isopropyl myristate, sodium hydroxide, ananas sativus (pineapple) fruit juice, citrus medica limonum (lemon) juice, citrus grandis (grapefruit) juice, hydrolyzed silk.


TheraNeem's Skin Lotion Contains: Aqueous Extract of Azadirachta Indica (Neem)* Leaf, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower)* Oil, Aloe Barbadensis* Gel, Azadirachta Indica (Neem)* Oil, Glycerin (Vegetarian), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba)* Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Soya Bean Oil, Phenoxyethanol and Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Fragrance (Grapefruit from essential oils), Sodium acrylates copolymer.

The TheraNeem Organix Shampoo and Conditioner is safe for color treated hair and is pH balanced and conditioning. I can't wait to try out the sample. I have my fingers crossed. Read more about the shampoo here and the conditioner here.









You can find out more about Organix South Inc. at www.organixsouth.com, 1(800)-232-3142 or https://www.facebook.com/organixsouth

I was also sent a pretty cool guide on Neem. I can't wait to read through the rest of it.

What is neem? I'll let your curiosity get the best of you. I may write a post about it next week Friday. Thanks so much for reading. I was not paid to give this review. This is my honest opinion. Are you all interested in trying the products? What do you think about these products containing ingredients that you can actually read? Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Thanks so much Organix South for sending me the samples and reading material!

No comments:

Post a Comment