Friday, April 26, 2013

Garnier Fructis Haircare Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

I had a coupon for the product and it was also on sale so I decided to try it out. The cost with the sale and coupons was about $2 and some change. I had previously been using Creme of Nature's Argan Oil Treatment. Garnier's (G) oil treatment retails for $4.97 (3.76 fl oz) on Walmart.com whereas Creme of Nature's (CON)Argan oil retails for about $9 (3 fl oz). The CON oil was just too much for my budget.  Also, if you look at the ingredients, CON has 4 cones compared to the 2 found in G.


For some reason the G oil felt much heavier than the CON oil. I added a few drops of G oil to my dry hair and then flat ironed. My hair looked very dirty and I didn't finish flat-ironing my hair because I was afraid that I would burn my hair.When I tried it on my wet hair, it felt as if it was just coating the strands and not absorbing it. I tried using it as a prepoo. I tried using it as a hot oil treatment and it was very difficult to wash the oil from my hair. I tried adding a bit to my deep conditioner and it was a mess. Again, it was difficult to rinse the oil out of my hair. My hair was relaxed at the time. I am going to try this oil again on my natural hair and see what happens. I'll write a review to give you guys an update.

I ended up using the product as a body oil. Sometimes, I add a few drops to my bath. I really tried to like this product. I tried it on wet hair, dry hair, air dried hair and flat-ironed hair. My hair just did not like it. I've seen such great reviews online about this product. I also just could not ship the citronellol fragrance. One of my chores was to polish all the furniture in the house and the smell reminds me of furniture polish. It also reminds me of bug repellent and oranges mixed together. I really wish that I liked this product. The price is so reasonable. Maybe I'm using the product incorrectly. If any of you have any advise on how to use it, I would be so appreciative.

What did you guys think about the product? Make sure to mention your hair type. I look forward to hearing from you all.

More information about the product can be found here. Thank you so much for reading my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment