Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sunfeather Soaps

So a few weeks ago, I won Sunfeather's Triva Tuesday on facebook. You guys should check it out. It's pretty fun. Plus, if you're that week's winner, you can win a gift. Here's the link if you want to check it out (Sunfeather's Facebook). They usually have the founder answer questions and their facebook is very interactive with the fans.

I love Sunfeather's website. It has beautiful pictures, it's attractive and easy to use. The founder of Sunfeather  is Sandy Maine. She began the business in 1979 with $15.00 worth of local cedar oil and her own instruments in her backyard. The business has now expanded. They offer artisanal soap loaves, artisanal bar soaps, luxurious bath bombs, washy squashy soaps for the kids (or the kids inside all of us), Sunfeather classics (bar soaps, Bug Off Spritzer, Moisturizers , Shampoos, ect. You can check it out here) and other bug repellent products. Artisanal by the way means a skilled manual worker or craftsperson. I'm with you. I had to look up the definition. They have also just released Liquid Castile Soaps with rosemary, spearmint, peppermint, African black soap just to name a few.

In any event, after winning Trivia Tuesday I was promptly (seriously, I think I got the soaps the next week) sent a gift soap pack. Here are the pictures below of all of the soaps:










Sunfeather's Triva Tuesday Gift Pack




                                                   

Cranberry Rose (left), Honey, Goat's Milk & Clover (right)

                                                

Vanilla Goat's Milk (left) , Papaya Toasted Coconut (right)

 


Lavender Shea Butter (left),  Tea Tree & Lavender Hemp (right)




I'm going to tell you guys that my favorite type of soap is anything with goat's milk in it. The soaps with goat's milk make my skin feel so soft. I'm going to post the descriptions of the soaps and ingredients from Sunfeather's website and then give my review on the soaps.

Cranberry Rose
Description: Perfect your day with this romantic cranberry & rose soap. Mildly astringent, it will leave your skin feeling perfectly clean while offering a rose-tempered fruity scent.

Ingredients: Saponified oils of Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil* and Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil*, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil, Natural Cranberry Aromatic, Iron Oxide, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract. * Made with certified organic oils.

Honey, Goat's Milk & Honey
Description: A beautiful milk and honey complexion soap fresh from our friendly goats, blissful bees and merry meadows. Gentle cleansing power you can use from head to toe. **Great for sensitive skin!**

Ingredients: Saponified oils of Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut)* and Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil*, Titanium Dioxide, Honeycomb and Vanilla Essence blended from Naturally Derived Aromatics, Sweetgrass Essence blended from Naturally Derived Aromatics, Goats’ Milk Powder, Clover Honey, Beta Carotene (Natural Color), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract. * Made with certified organic oils.

Vanilla Goat's Milk
Description: For those with sensitive skin, this blend is infused with both goat’s milk that you can actually see with a mild hint of natural vanilla to leave the skin with an extra-moisturized gentle touch. **Great for sensitive skin!**

Ingredients: Saponified oils of Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil* and Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil*, Goats’ Milk Powder, Natural Vanilla Aromatic, and Titanium Dioxide (Natural Color), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract. * Made with certified organic oils.

Papaya Toasted Coconut
Description: Tropical blend of pulpy papaya powder and freshly toasted coconuts to properly pamper your pugnaciously pretty pucker! This soap is truly a culinary pleasure for your skin!

Ingredients: Saponified Oils of Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil* and Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil*, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract Powder, Shredded Cocos Nucifera (Coconut), Natural Vanilla Aromatics, Natural Cranberry Aromatic, Litsea Cubeba (Litsea) Oil, Paprika Oleoresin (Color), Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon) Leaf Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*. * Made with certified organic oils.

Lavender Shea Butter
Description: Refresh and condition your skin with this mildly astringent face & body soap. Scented with fine-quality lavender essential oil and superfatted with an ample portion of skin moisturizing shea butter.**Ideal for normal to dry skin types**

Ingredients: Saponified oils of Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil* and Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavendin) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Grape Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract. * Made with certified organic oils.

Tea Tree & Lavender Hemp
Description: Rich in essential fatty acids, while also possessing the highly esteemed antibacterial properties of tea tree oil; this soap invigorates and rejuvenates dry and sun-damaged skin types. It both purifies and nourishes the skin as it gently rinses away excess oil and dirt, making it an ideal cleansing bar for blemish-prone skin. *****

Ingredients: Saponified Oils of Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil* and Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil*, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavendin) Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass) Oil, Lemongrass Herb, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Titanium Dioxide (Natural Color), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*. *Made with certified organic oils.
(Source)

All of the Soaps are:

  • Artisinal handcrafted soap. 
  • Paraben-free, gluten-free, soy-free and vegan soap. 
  • Plant-based soaps formulated with certified organic base oils. 
  • Scented with essential oils and natural aromatics.

***** The Tea Tree & Lavender Hemp I'm not too sure about. The description didn't list these properties.

My Review

My favorite soap is the Honey, Clover & Goat's Milk. I love the scent of the soap. I've heard of manna from heaven and sweet nectar of life. I'm sure that this soap smells like sweet nectar. The scent of the soap is just delicious. There is no other way to describe it. The soap left my skin very soft and there was a good lather. For all of the soaps if was difficult to judge how good each lathered because the samples were small. Because the surface area is less than that of regular soaps, the true lathering ability of the soaps is hard to determine. 

My second favorite was the Vanilla Goat's Milk. Again, the soap smelled great and left my skin soft. My third favorite was the Lavender Shea Butter. I have a weakness for goat's milk and Shea butter. My fourth favorite was the Cranberry Rose. To me, the soap had sort of a wine smell or spicy scent. I liked the soap plus I'm not sure if they were rose petals but there is something on the soap that allows you to exfoliate. At least that's what I used it for. It was cool to just rub the soap on my skin to clean it without having to use a wash cloth. My fifth favorite was Papaya Toasted Coconut. I think the soap smells more like papaya. It has  a very sweet scent. This soap also has something in it that I'm again assuming helps with exfoliation. Finally, the Tea Tree & Lavender Hemp was a scent that I had to get used to. I didn't realize until I bought a bottle of tea tree oil how strong the scent to tea tree is. This soap does not have the overwhelming scent of tea tree oil thankfully. This soap also had an exfoliating effect. There were pieces of hemp in the soap. One the website the Tea Tree and Lavender Hemp soap has been named as a customer favorite.

Overall, I was very pleased with the soaps. All of them smelled great and did not leave dye stains in the tube. I really like how the soaps are organic and handmade. Plus they have essential oils. The packaging was nice. I'm not sure if they sell the samples but I can see myself using the samples as stocking stuffers, gifts for bridesmaids ( You can gift something else with these), gifts for grandmom or granddad, mother's day, soaps for visiting guests, organic soaps for the kids, spa day for you... I'm sure that Bed & Breakfasts' would love these soaps. Or even places for Glamping (I'll explain that later). Of course these soaps are also great for daily use. Seriously, I couldn't wait to come home and run a warm bath. I felt relaxed and refreshed after using the soaps. Not to mention clean. 

I just want to thank Sunfeather for allowing me to try out their awesome soaps! I was not paid to write this review. 

What do you guys think? Have you all tried out Sunfeather Soaps before? Are you a regular user of handcrafted soaps. Leave a comment with your experience. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment