Sunday, March 3, 2013

Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish + Strengthen Shampoo and Conditioner

I received a sample of Aveeno's Active Naturals Nourish + Strengthen Shampoo and Conditioner in the mail. I've had this for a while but I didn't have an opportunity to review. I tried the Shampoo and Conditioner today and my review is below. Both products promise to" nourish dry, damaged hair by reducing breakage by 90% in just 3 washes*". 

The Shampoo is creamy, opaque, thick and has a light fresh scent (almost like bubble bath but not really). The shampoo had a nice lather and left my hair feeling soft and clean. My hair didn't feel dry or stripped. I do have some more of the product left in the package and will see if I have the same results following my next use. I really liked the shampoo. The creaminess of the product was a major bonus for me. This product reminded me of the feel of nuNAAT's Creamy Chocolat Shampoo without the Cocamide DEA
 (this could have been an older version of the product that they changed). I'll post the ingredients below and let you be the judge.


Ingredients: Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Dimethicone, Sodium Cumene Sulfonate, Cocamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Gluten, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, May also contain: Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide

Source: Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish + Strengthen Shampoo
The conditioner is creamy, white and smells to me like a mixture of wheat and honey. I like the smell. Currently, my hair is in a very, very short natural cut so detangling is not an issue for me at this point.The conditioner is very light and I am curious if it would be enough to detangle really thick hair. Typically, I use conditioners that come with a shampoo just to soften my hair a bit. I never detangle with them. I leave that for my deep conditioner. One of the problems that I had with a past staple conditioner was that it left residue on my scalp and a filmy coating on my hair which I assumed caused breakage. I stopped using it. This conditioner left my scalp feeling clean and my hair was soft. 

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Gluten, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Fragrance, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cetrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Panthenol, Polyquaternium 7, May Contain: Citric Acid

Source of Ingredients: Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish + Strengthen Conditioner
The sample that was sent was only enough for one use. As a result, I can't say whether or not this product actually repairs and fortifies to prevent damage. Overall, the products for me were o.k. I'm not sure why the products are called Active Naturals. I love the fact that the products do contain wheat complex. As you all know by now I'm not strict over ingredients. I'm fine with sulfates, parabens and cones.  

Price: Both products retail for about $6.50 on drugstore.com for a 10.5 fl oz bottle. You may be able to find a better price elsewhere. 

Have you all tried out the products? Do you love them? Tell me what you think. Don't be afraid to leave a comment below!!


*Nourish and Shampoo and conditioner vs. non-conditioning shampoo 

No comments:

Post a Comment