Sunday, September 8, 2013

Miss Jessie's Creme De La Curl Review

My sister bought a 1 fl oz. of Miss Jessie's Creme De La Curl on her yearly trip to the BSS. She gave it to me after her mixed experiences with other Miss Jessie's products and I decided to try it out. For the month of September, I'm going shampoo free.

Miss Jessie's Creme De La Curl is a cleansing cream. According to them, it's "finally a no lather sulfate-free shampoo that leaves your hair and scalp silky smooth." Go figure. The cleansing creme is light blue, thick and smells like baby powder. It has that oily feeling of Hair One's Cowash and As I Am Coconut Cowash but unlike some of the Miss Jessie's products that I have tried it doesn't have that almost gritty feeling ( the only way I can describe it is if you rub baby powder between your fingers).

With the cleansing creme in my hair, my curls were popping. Also, these past few days have been extremely hot! I've been sweating, stuck in traffic and just been putting a headband around my head.  The product does say that it "removes product buildup and washes away the daily grime without leaving your hair or scalp dried out." When I washed using Miss Jessie's I could see the dirt leaving my hair. I was happy about this because I tried another 'cleanser' and my hair nor scalp was clean after using the product. The Creme did clean my hair but my scalp didn't have that squeaky clean feeling that I like.

This product did leave my hair feeling a bit dry. I believe this is because of the protein that was in the product. Protein in shampoos and/or conditioners leave my hair parched so this was to be expected. The Creme is to be followed up by a conditioner so I'll  also give it a pass here but I have used another moisturizing shampoo that does not leave my hair feeling so 'dry'. I did like the slip. I have a TWA so my hair has not seen a comb in about 3 weeks. I was able to finger detangle my hair using this product. Also, I don't care too much about the scent of the product. It smells like baby powder. I went help prep for a party yesterday and the cleaner was spraying baby powder scented air freshener. I was walking around unable to tell the difference between the air freshener and my hair. Lol...by the next day, the scent was gone.



Some have complained about the no suds aspect. The product does state that there is "zero lather". The no suds idea is not a big deal for me. As long as my hair and scalp are clean, I'm a pretty happy camper.

The 12 fl oz bottle is $14. I'm on the fence with this one. As I Am Coconut Cowash has fewer ingredients but I find that it's cleaning power is not as strong as Miss Jessie's Creme De La Curl and it's half the price of Miss Jessie's at 16 fl oz. Is it a repurchase? If I'm travelling I'll buy packets to wash my hair so there is no mess in my suitcase. I prefer this over my Hair One experience and it did remove the buildup and dirt from my hair. I liked the feel of the product but again I'm still on the search for a sulfate-free shampoo, cleansing conditioner, conditioner and leave-ins that my hair loves.

What do you guys think about the Creme De La Curl? Would you buy it? Do you have any recommendations for my 4b/c TWA?

I was not paid to give this review. This is just my opinion after using the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment